Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Smoker Progress

Making some good progress with the smoker controller:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Got rid of all that mess of wires and etched my first functional PCB.  Next step is to start integrating some of the plug-in modules to the main board, so that I am not totally dependent on parts from hobby-level manufacturers like SEEED studios and Adafruit (both of which I totally love, by the way).

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/
http://www.adafruit.com/

I think the memory card module and the real time clock will be my the first to go, mostly because they don't rely on any small surface mount parts (I can't seem to find thermocouple amplifiers in a through-hole package).

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever get around to posting your code anywhere?

    I am in the process of building a large electric smoker. I have been looking for a packaged PID controller but haven't found any that meet my needs. I would like to retrace your footsteps, with some modifications, but the learning curve will be huge as i have never worked with any of the Arduino boards before

    ReplyDelete