Sunday, April 1, 2012

first video test dive...

not many pictures of this one, the test went OK. Outboard battery zip tied to the side of the camera enclosure worked great, video looked good.

Definitely need a hood to keep the bright sun off the tv though.

Also, had a leak. No damage, but about a teaspoon of water in the housing, after maybe 5 minutes at ~8-10 feet depth. I think it was coming in through the tether, which has a crappy, easily damaged jacket. I tried to seal inside the jacket when i made the tether cable entry, but maybe it didn't seal that well.

I attempted to use silicone to patch and plug any tether openings outside the camera housing, we'll have to let it cure and see if that worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment