Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Autoturret Phase 3

Ok, so phase 2 was pretty successful, but to be honest, I haven't played with those airsoft guns in a while, and I forgot how much they hurt.  There was a bit of a safety issue with taking that particular track much further.  As a result, I switched over to a water gun!  Much more fun, and a lot less dangerous.  Except for the risk to my electronics...

Anyway, here are some pics of the new, updated water autoturret.  Note that the whole assembly now HANGS from the pan servo, so that any drips or leaks don't get on the electronics.  This is a great design consideration that I saw on several other water-based sentry guns.





And here's a sweet video of the system in action!  There are still a lot of bugs to work out, but it's really coming along.




No comments:

Post a Comment